Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Welcome!

Most of you didn't know me 10 years ago...back when I was just a Virginia girl with a crazy dream to leave her small town for the big city to see what she could make of herself. But on my way to my new life in New York, I made a detour....to AFRICA!

In 2007 I spent three months living in Ghana, West Africa as a volunteer art teacher for the Junior Art Club. I taught primary & secondary students in three villages, as well as putting on an art show with the kids paintings. While there I also made 70 artworks, some of which inspired scenes in Page by Paige! (Turns out I would read my very first graphic novel just after this trip...)

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of this life-changing adventure, I've painstakingly reconstructed my original blog entries which were long ago eaten by myspace.  I hope you enjoy!

artnerlove,
Laura Lee




No comments:

Post a Comment