Tuesday, October 25, 2016

34. Back in the U. S. S. A.

March 29, 2007

Yes, I made it back to Virginia safe and sound!  And how does it feel to be back?  Surreal.  I hug everything and everyone.  Hopefully I'll get some time to make some art about it this week, because it's an adjustment. Yeah, the only thing stranger than change is...consistency.

Here's the final photo from Ghana, where Kelvin dropped me back ff at the airport!

* In case you don't know who Kelvin is, he's the head of the Junior Art Club who I've been volunteering with. He's been my collaborator, roomate, drinking buddy, and good friend. I'm thankful I got to spend time with him and help support the Junior Art Club!


So, what's next?  I'm staying with my folks in Woodbridge for a couple weeks before moving up to New York in the middle of the month.  I'm driving (oh gosh, driving! Hooray!) down to Charlottesville today to tend to some logistical stuff and hang out for a few days, so if you want to reach me I'll have my mom's cell phone.



So here are pictures of the batik I made back in Accra and didn't get a chance to post...


And here are some images from the flight back...



No comments:

Post a Comment