Tuesday, October 25, 2016

33. One for the road...

March 26, 2007

...well, this is technically two for the road. But here are my last drawings from here in Ghana. I've had some other drawing ideas, but not enough time...so those will have to wait. 

 This first one here I'd like to remake, because no one I've showed it to can tell that the pool of paint is a mirror! (I mean seriously, how do you draw a mirror??) It's about how my art is simply all reflections of me and my surroundings.

This next drawing was inspired by the dance classes I have been doing at the University of Ghana in Legon. These local dances are very much rooted to the ground, which feels strange because all my dance experience has been the opposite...graceful and straight-backed. So I pictured my legs like these tree trunks, connected to the earth...


Here's a picture of me. Trying not to make an ass of myself on the dance floor. Man, I think I sweated half of my body weight that day...



Currently Reading: Well, I just finished reading the yes-I'm-a-huge-dork fantasy book Silver's Edge by Anne Kelleher. And I just picked up the yes-I'm-a-huge-dork history book The Year 1000 by Robert Lacey. Big fun for the 11 hour plane ride to JFK...

No comments:

Post a Comment